Free Financial Literacy and Credit Workshops offered December and January:
Financial Literacy Budget Basics, you will discover:
Financial Literacy and Budgeting December 13, 2021, 4 pm – 6 pm
Financial Literacy and Budgeting January 10, 2022, 4 pm – 6 pm
- How to Create a Budget
- Budgeting and Tracking of Expenses
- Assessing needs versus wants
- Managing Debt and Recognizing how to Avoid Overspending
Note: As a HUD Certified Agency, after the class, 1:1 counseling can be scheduled to further assist you in planning your personal budgeting goals.
Credit Report Overview, you will discover:
- Getting a copy of your credit report
- Understanding What Makes Up a Report
- Understanding What Makes Up a Credit Score
- Credit Report Overview Monday, December 20, 2021 4 pm – 6 pm
- Credit Report Overview Monday, January 24, 2022 4 pm – 6 pm
Note: As a HUD Certified Agency, after the class 1:1 counseling can be scheduled to discuss your personal credit score, and goal setting.
Fair Housing Act Overview in partnership with Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity – Office of the Governor
The Fair Housing Act was created with the goal of advising landlords, lenders, buyers, and renters of the housing practices that could be considered discriminatory. The Fair Housing Act is a law that was created to put an end to discriminatory practices involving any activities related to housing.
Fair Housing Overview Date TBA. Feel free to pre-register and our housing office will contact you when the date is confirmed.